Road Rides – All rides start at 4:30 am from designated starting venues
Training rides take place 6 days a week.
The actual ride differs from week to week on a 4 week rotation basis. These rides have the following format:
- Tuesday – This ride concentrates on hills and we normally cover a distance of around 30km
- Wednesday – A slightly longer but faster ride. Normally about 40km.
- Thursday – Circuits. Normally about 40km at a medium to fast pace.
- Friday – Shorter easy ride of about 25km followed by coffee at a selection of coffee shops. Great for beginners and people wanting to see what the club does.
- Saturday – A longer ride of about 80km at a faster pace.
- Sunday – Very similar ride to Saturday except it is slower and more of a social ride with a coffee stop at the halfway point. This ride has a slightly later start of 05:00 am
Ride plans with specific details for the upcoming week are posted on Mondays through the WhatsApp group.
MTB Rides – All rides start at 6:00 am from the various venues
This is a new developing area of the club. We are trying to grow this aspect and facilitate regular weekend rides.
- Saturday rides – Starting from Mt Edgecombe Spar at 6am
- Sunday Rides – Venues vary from Holla Trails, Giba Gorge, Rocky Bay Trails and a number of other venues.
Ride plans with specific details for the upcoming week are posted on Thursday through the WhatsApp group.
Track – Cyril Geoghegan Cycle Track
Another new area within the club.
- Wednesday - takes place weekly on a evenings at the Track